2012 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code
Price $79.95 $71.95
Description2012 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code
The Uniform Swimming Pool Spa and Hot Tub Code© is the only model code governing the installation, inspection and maintenance of swimming pool, spa and hot tub systems and their component products. This is an ANSI designated American National Standard consensus document written by representatives from industry companies, inspectors, plumbers and engineers.
The Key provisions of the 2012 USPSHTC and changes from the 2009 edition include:
- New provisions for design, materials, and methods of construction for public and private swimming pools, wading pools, spas, and hot tubs.
- New public facility requirements including the minimum number of plumbing fixtures, ventilation, life safety/rescue equipment, signage, decks, and measuring water clarity.
- New application, water consumption, backflow, and material requirements for plumbing fixtures.
- New safety requirements for diving equipment and slides.
- New provisions that address means of entry/exit and barriers.
- New provisions for electrical safety and lightning protection systems.
- New provisions that address the handling, storage, and dispensing of chemicals.
- New installation requirements for solar, electric, and heat pump water heating equipment.
- New appendix for common practices for reducing energy consumption in regards to pools, spas, and hot tub equipment.
- Revised and updated joint and connection requirements based on applicable standards for water supply, circulation, and drainage piping based on pipe material.
- Revised language to include specific safety provisions in accordance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Act regarding anti-body and hair entrapment.
- Also added safety provisions for vacuum release systems to conform to American National Standards. (16-121)
We're Here To Help
Call us anytime during our customer service hours...
Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Pacific)
Saturday - 10am to 4pm (Pacific)
TOLL FREE, 800-273-7375 (Outside the U.S. call 818-887-7828).
8001 Canoga Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304 US
Print Our Fax Order Form