International Fire Code (IFC) 2012 SoftcoverCode: 3400S12 Normally:
International Fire Code (IFC) 2012 Softcover
Product Code: 3400S12
Product ISBN: 9781609830465
Order Your Copy Now!
2012 ICC International Fire Code (IFC) - Softcover
This comprehensive code includes regulations governing the safeguarding of life and property from all types of fire and explosions hazards. Topics include general precautions against fire, emergency planning and preparedness, fire department access, fire hydrants, automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, hazardous materials storage and use, and fire safety requirements for new and existing buildings and premises. Changes to the 2012 IFC include:
- Complete reformatting into eight different parts that correlate to a specific area of regulation.
- Revised definitions for health, day and ambulatory care occupancies clarify how they are classified.
- New requirements for photovoltaic solar cells on roofs will help ensure safe firefighting operations.
- Mass notification fire alarm systems with text displays and captions are now required in Group A stadiums and grandstands with an occupant load of 15,000 or more.
- The automatic sprinkler protection requirements for manufacturing, display and storage of upholstered furniture were clarified.
- Portable fire extinguishers are now required in Group A, B, and E occupancies regardless of automatic sprinkler system protection.
- Requirements for dry cleaning plants using Class III-A and III-B combustible liquids were relaxed.
- New provisions in the semiconductor fabrication facility requirements address sub-atmospheric pressure gas systems.
- Dust deflagration hazards must be reviewed, analyzed and engineering or administrative controls are now required to be documented and implemented in the IFC hazardous material provisions.
- Code text addressing automated LP-Gas cylinder exchange cabinets was added.
Publisher/Edition: ICC/2011/3400L12/ISBN No. 9781609830458