NFPA 130: Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems 2017
Help ensure fire protection and life safety in mass transit systems. Apply the 2017 edition of NFPA 130: Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems.
Originally developed to help reduce the potential for entrapment and injury of large numbers of people who routinely use mass transportation facilities, NFPA 130 specifies the latest fire protection and life safety requirements for underground, surface, and elevated fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems.
It's now more important than ever before for station and company managers, supervisors, safety personnel, inspectors, and AHJs to be aware of the latest NFPA 130 provisions for:
- Emergency ventilation systems
- Emergency procedures
- Communications and control systems
NFPA 130 requires users to apply NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® and NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code with important modifications. Changes in this edition include:
- New definitions and modified requirements for materials used as interior wall and ceiling finishes
- New requirements for enclosed stations to be equipped with a fire alarm system
- New requirements for enclosed trainways to be equipped with an emergency communication system
- Revised Annex B with new guidance on establishing noise levels in order to maintain a minimum level of speech intelligibility through the emergency communication system
- Revised Annex C including a modified example showing means of egress calculation
- New Annex H presenting key information on fire scenarios and methodologies used for predicting fire profiles
NFPA 130 pertains to stations accommodating only passengers and employees of the fixed guideway transit and passenger rail systems and incidental occupancies in the stations. To help safeguard the railways you oversee, order your copy today. (Softbound, 78 pp., 2017/ISBN NO. 9781455913954/NFPA130-17)