NFPA 25 Std for Inspection Testing Maint. of Water Based Fire Prot. Sys. 2017
Price $79.95 $71.95
Adopted in many states, NFPA 25 helps users inspect, test, and maintain water-based fire sprinkler protection systems. The 2017 edition includes revised and updated ITM tables and major changes that improve usability for owners and service providers.
Comprising the bulk of commercial and residential installations, fire sprinkler systems are highly effective against fire. However, to function correctly, these complex systems require close attention to mechanical issues and other important details. The 2017 edition of NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems is the new industry benchmark, with comprehensive requirements for maintaining suppression systems for peak performance. This edition helps building owners, facility managers, inspectors, and service providers work together to maximize protection.
NFPA 25 is so important to sprinkler system effectiveness, NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems requires that installers leave a copy of NFPA 25 with property owners. ITM regimes covered by NFPA 25 include evaluation techniques such as fire sprinkler inspections, valve status tests, internal piping assessments, fire pump operating tests, fire pump flow tests, forward-flow tests for back-flow preventers, risk assessment and performance-based testing programs, preparing preplanned impairment reports, hydrant flushing, and testing.
Revised and updated ITM tables throughout are just some of the changes:
- New residential sprinkler replacement requirements address sprinklers that are no longer available.
- New requirements clarify steps to take if inspections reveal missing escutcheons, or if listed escutcheons are no longer available.
- Added criteria cover automated inspections and testing.
- Significant changes in Chapter 13 address waterflow alarm devices, preaction and deluge valves, air compressors, and general pressure gauge criteria.
- Fire pump terms are aligned with NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
- New Annexes address connectivity and data collection, and color-coded tagging programs.
System maintenance saves lives and property--and is far less costly than system replacement. To ensure reliability and extend your system's service life, comply with the latest edition of NFPA 25.
(Softbound,181 pp., 2017, NFPA25-17)
We're Here To Help
Call us anytime during our customer service hours...
Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Pacific)
Saturday - 10am to 4pm (Pacific)
TOLL FREE, 800-273-7375 (Outside the U.S. call 818-887-7828).
8001 Canoga Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304 US
Print Our Fax Order Form