NFPA 80, Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives 2019
Price $69.95 $62.95
Safeguard openings in rated walls, floors, and ceilings against the spread of fire and smoke using the latest requirements in NFPA 80, Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives.
In a fire event, NFPA 80 compliance can make all the difference in occupant life safety and property protection. That's why NFPA 80 is referenced by NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®, model building codes, and fire codes nationwide and around the globe. Proper installation of openings in fire rated assemblies is critical -- and fire doors and fire windows are required to be inspected and tested annually to ensure they remain in proper working condition and can help confine a fire should one occur.
If you're responsible for building fire safety, there's no substitute for the latest edition of the standard.
NFPA 80's provisions help you ensure proper installation, inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire door assemblies, fire window assemblies, fire dampers, fabric fire safety curtains, and fire protective curtain assemblies. When changes occur, everyone needs to know -- from manufacturers to designers, engineers, contractors, AHJs, fire door inspectors, and building owners. In the 2019 edition:
- New definitions for inspection mark and field label help users apply inspection, testing, and maintenance provisions.
- Updated provisions in Chapter 4 recognize job site preparation of fire doors for fire pins.
- New provisions in Chapter 4 cover measuring clearance under the bottom of fire doors, and a new requirement addresses bottom clearance with the presence of latching hardware devices.
- The scope of Chapter 5 is expanded to address fire protective curtain assemblies, and a new section in Chapter 5 addresses inspection marks.
- While the standard now requires damper manufacturers’ installation and maintenance instructions be maintained on site for new damper installations, updated Chapter 19 also has the latest requirements for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire and combination fire/smoke dampers and adds a remote inspection method.
- New language clarifies application of inspection requirements for single inaccessible dampers.
- Annex A contains new and revised figures for typical steel door frame installations.
- All referenced publications and extracted sections are up-to-date.
From fire doors and fire windows to fabric fire safety curtains and fire dampers, NFPA 80 covers it all.
Doors and other fire-rated opening protectives that are not installed and maintained in accordance with NFPA 80 are at risk for compromising the fire barrier. Protect buildings and occupants by staying up-to-code. (Softbound, Approx. 93 pp., 2019, ISBN No. 9781455920594/NFPA80-19)
We're Here To Help
Call us anytime during our customer service hours...
Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Pacific)
Saturday - 10am to 4pm (Pacific)
TOLL FREE, 800-273-7375 (Outside the U.S. call 818-887-7828).
8001 Canoga Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304 US
Print Our Fax Order Form