Reinforced Concrete A Fundamental Approach 6th Ed.
Price $289.95 $260.95
Reinforced Concrete: A Fundamental Approach (6th Edition) by Edward G Nawy
Intended for one-semester, junior/senior-level and graduate courses in Reinforced Concrete in the department of civil engineering.
Now reflecting the new 2008 ACI 318-08 Code and the new International Building Code (IBC-2006), the Sixth Edition of this cutting-edge text has been extensively revised to present state-of-the-art developments in reinforced concrete. It analyzes the design of reinforced concrete members through a unique and practical step-by-step trial and adjustment procedure. The narrative is supplemented with flowcharts to guide students logically through the learning process. Ample photographs of instructional testing of concrete members decreases the need for actual laboratory testing.
- This is the only text to integrate a large number of flowcharts in almost every chapter. The text closely and systematically uses and follows procedures using these flowcharts to simplify the understanding and application of the subject in design. This makes it easy for both students and instructors to quickly grasp the key features which form the basis of the underlying theory.
- Hundreds of photos of tests to failure of concrete elements make this book unique – helping students to visualize behavior without the need for expensive testing to illustrate it.
- Comprehensive sketches, steps for working drawings, and chapter-end problems also reduce the necessity for actual laboratory testing of structural concrete members.
- Interaction Diagram Charts for Columns in the Appendix present students with easy-to-use material that complies with the ACI 318 Code flexural limit strain design procedure.
- Many examples throughout are worked out in detail, providing full design examples in SI units as well as SI equivalents in all major steps of every example – giving students a better understanding of the subject.
- Numerous alternate solutions using SI Units and lists of equations in SI format for the various topics are found in nearly every chapter.
Publisher/Edition: Prentice Hall/Pearson/6th Ed.2009
We're Here To Help
Call us anytime during our customer service hours...
Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Pacific)
Saturday - 10am to 4pm (Pacific)
TOLL FREE, 800-273-7375 (Outside the U.S. call 818-887-7828).
8001 Canoga Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304 US
Print Our Fax Order Form